Project Status Updates

Posted on October 11, 2010

0


With a couple projects coming close to fruition, I thought now might be a good time to talk about what’s going on. In no particular order:

Resolute, Adventurer and Genius is ready for playtesting. It’s up to me to come up with some kind of adventure to put it through its paces, and plotted adventures have never really been my strong suit, so that might take a while. The text isn’t done; I still need to come up with a bunch of iconic characters and finish the location-based setting idea sections, and we need to decide on character advancement as well before we can go to layout. I had wanted to get RAG out by the end of September; now I am aiming for the end of October. If we go over that, it’ll be at least December, because November is entirely dedicated to NaNoWriMo for me.

I’ve got two players for my Immortals game, and that’s probably where I’ll keep it, though I may add an NPC of matching level to boost their capability a bit (and perhaps play with the Sphere of Entropy as well). Taking a bit of a cue from the module “The Immortal Storm”, I’m going to have the artifact the PCs are chasing be broken into multiple parts scattered throughout the various planes that I’ll be adapting from the Great Wheel.

The players will be playing Immortal versions of themselves, to simplify the whole process. Both players were balking a bit at the thought of character creation, despite the fact that I’ll be starting them with ability scores of 20, and Hit Dice, Power and HP are fixed. Before we begin the actual campaign I’m going to run them through some training sessions at level 1 (beginning Initiates) so they can familiarize themselves with Immortal capabilities. Then I’ll bump them up to level 5 or 6 (nearing Temporal status) for the campaign itself, with some attendant increases. I’m getting excited by the thought that I’ll be one of the few people who can say, “I ran an Immortals game.”

Finally, I did some more work on Simfanad and actually got some monsters done (some ported from the inspirational material, some adapted from the old D&D Basic set). Now I just need to playtest it, and it will be ready for release! Deep down I had begun to think I would never finish it, and with my current obsession with the Wyrm System I hadn’t even thought about it in a long time. I’d like to adapt a classic D&D B-series module (probably B2, the famous Keep on the Borderlands) for it, but I’ll probably use one of the old LOR Adventure Game modules since I won’t have to convert any stats. I’m thinking about trying that some time this week, so that I can finally reach that goal after so long.

Advertisements